With more than 22 years of work-ex in the field of Music, From a GIMA Awards nominated album with the legendary Sitar Maestro Shujaat Husain Khan and Asha Bhosle to music for mainstream cinema and teleseries,from background scores of feature films and documentaries to soundtracks for Contemporary as well as ballet dance performances, from electronic, reggae, R&B to Punjabi Sufi poetry, from solo artist albums to jingles and music packages for reputed television channels and web series, Upmanyu has produced professional outputs in a variety of genres.
If Upmanyu’s music was to reflect a brand, a unique, Neo-Indian sound would be his forte which he has developed in the 22 years of his career as a music producer. While contemporary/world music remains his passion and an area he has mastered, he is also drawn towards Tropical House music and is introducing a new flavour to the genre.
Checkout Upmanyu’s Work:
1.- All India Radio | ● Worked with the National Radio Channel as a musician/ keyboard player since 1994 | ● Recorded/Played with the National Orchestra All India Radio
2. Arranged and produced music for music albums such as: | ● “Naina Lagaikey” by the label – SaReGaMa – Artists – Asha Bhosle |● and Shuja Husain Khan (nominated for GIMA awards) ● “Hazaron Khwahishein: by the label: Music Today – Artist Shujat Husain Khan ● “Call of the River”: by the label: SaReGaMa – Artist Shujat Husain Khan ● “Dance of the Desert” by the label: Music Today – Artist Kamaal Sabri ● “Unforgettable sufis” by the label: Mystica Music – Artist – Shujat Husain Khan ● “Shujaat’s lounge” by the label: SaReGaMa – Artist – Shujaat Husain Khan
3. Composed background score for web series: ● The Story – Produced by Zee5 ● Bekaabu – Produced by Alt Balaji
4. Composed background score for short films such as: ● To Kimmi with love – Milas productions Inc. Chicago ● Ishqe Hazir Hai – Artist / Actor – Daljit Dosanj – PRODUCTION ● HOUSE- Filmy shots ● Dil Wali gull – Artist / Actor – Ammy wirk – Filmy shots ● Kite Wallah – Silk shadows
5. Banoffee pie – Front Foot production that received 13 Awards: ○ Best Drama: Hollywood Film Competition Los Angeles 2018 ○ Best Short Film: NYC Indie Film Awards July 2018 ○ Best Short Film: LA Shorts Awards July 2018 ○ Best Screenplay: Starlight Film Awards 2018 ○ Best Short Film: Cult Critic Movie Awards 2018 ○ Best Short Film Gold Award: Virgin Spring Cinefest 2018 ○ Best Short Film: Lake View International Film Festival 2018 ○ Best Debutante Actress: Lakecity International Film Festival 2018 ○ Best Cinematography: Lakecity International Film Festival 2018 ○ Best Cinematography: Kala Samruddhi Short Film Festival 2018 ○ Best Actor Supporting Role: Moonwhite Film Fest 2018 ○ Best Director: Moonwhite Film Fest 2018 ○ Best Actress: Moonwhite Film Fest 2018
3 Special Mentions:
● Global Film Festival Awards June 2018 ● Bangalore Shorts Film Festival 2018 ● Calcutta International Cult Film Festival 2018
18 Official Selections:
● 9filmfest 2018 ● New Jersey Indian & International Film Festival 2018 ● Miami Independent Film Festival 2018 ● Dada Saheb Phalke Film Festival 2018 ● Jaipur International Film Festival (JIFF) 2018 ● Mumbai Shorts International Film Festival 2018 ● Kolkata Shorts International Film Festival 2018 ● Delhi International Film Festival 2018, New Delhi ● Pune Short Film Festival 2018 ● International Short Film Festival Pune India 2018 ● International Film Festival of Shimla 2018 ● Lifft India Filmotsav – World Cine Fest, Lonavla 2018 ● Chambal International Film Festival 2019 ● Kaaryat International Film Festival of India (KIFFI) 2018 ● Aab International Film Festival 2018 ● Haryana International Short Film Festival 2018 ● Haryana International Film Festival 2018 ● International Children’s Film Festival of Jaipur 2018
6. Can’t Take This Shit Anymore – Its an India documentary film by Vinod Kapri. It received the national film award for Best film on social issues at the 62nd National Film Awards.
5. Composed background score for feature films
● Muawza (Artist/Actor – Annu Kapoor) ● 30 Minutes ● The Budhist Monk Bodh Bhikshu
6. Composed original music for musicals:
● The Mystical Forest – Sadhya ● We can Make The Difference – Sadhya ● A doll’s House – Novel by Henrik Ibsen – Sadhya ● Nataraj – Sadhya ● Ardhnarishwar – UDC ● Shakti – Monica Chander – Gitanjali Dance Academy
7. Programmed for Yamaha keyboards- Yamaha Music India
8. Created demo song for Yamaha keyboard new series – Yamaha Music India
9. Composed/produced music for National News Channels: ● Stings/ montages – ABP news ● Background score for the News Show Bharatvarsh ● Background score for News Show Ramrajya ● Background score for one of the largest Indian National News ● Channels Aaj Tak – programme name: Surgical Strike ● Montages/strings for channel News Express ● Background/montages/stings for channel Channel 7
10. Composed and recorded samples of Indian instrument Sarangi for “OUTPUT”a Los Angeles based company.
11. Toured with Asha bhosle and Shujat khan to England/ Performed
12. Performed at World Hindu conference with Shujat khan at New York 2007
13. Played with the band Kalpvriksh – Co-founder, Composer, Keyboardist
14. Composed/produced music album :
Amazing India – record label: Music Today
3. Snake charmers
1. Music Today
2. HMV saregama
3. All India Radio
4. ABP News
5. Aaj Tak News
6. Zee music ( muawzaa music was on Zee)
7. Zee5 (web series)
8. Alt Balaji (web series)
9. Output ( LA based music software company )
10. Yamaha music India
Celebrity Artists worked with:
1. Asha Bhosle – Twitter follower 4.87M –
2. Shujaat Husain Khan
3. Sonu Nigam – Instagram followers 33.1k
4. Divya Kumar
DETAILS OF ASSOCIATED COMPANIES, BRANDS AND LABELS:
HMVsaregama Website http://www.saregama.com
Ticker SAREGAMA ● Revenue $34.50 Million ● Funding $6.50 Million ● Employees 212 ● Founded 1946
Category Music, Mobile Applications, Feature-Films, Television-Software,
Retail, Film/Video Production & Services, Broadcasting,Media &Internet, Music & Mu sic Related Services
Web Rank 39908 | Web Visits 2 Million | SIC 7822, 7829
Saregama India Ltd., a RP Sanjiv Goenka Group company, is India’s oldest music label, a film studio and a multi-langauge TV content producer. Since 1902, the company continued to expand its catalogue to become the largest in-perpetuity global owner of both sound recording and publishing copyrights of Indian music across 14 different languages. Steadily, the company expanded its portfolio to include intellectual property rights of over 4000 hours of TV content produced for channels in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam and Bengali. Over the last few decades, the company forayed into retailing music through physical and digital mediums such as CDs, iOS & Android based apps and usb based thematic music cards.
ALL INDIA RADIO
All India Radio (AIR), officially known since 1956 as ’Akashvani’, is the national public radio broadcaster of India and is a division of Prasar Bharati. It was established in 1936. It is the sister service of Prasar Bharati’s Doordarshan, an Indian television broadcaster. All India Radio is the largest radio network in the world, and one of the largest broadcasting organizations in the world in terms of the number of languages broadcast and the spectrum of socio-economic and cultural diversity it serves. AIR’s home service comprises 420 stations located across the country, reaching nearly 92% of the country’s area and 99.19% of the total population. AIR originates programming in 23 languages and 179 dialects.
ABP NEWS (Formerly STAR News)
ABP News Network Pvt.Ltd (ANN) is a News Media company with its presence in the Television and Digital Media in multiple Indian languages, with a prominent footprint in India and abroad. ANN’s core purpose is to create an Informed and Happy Society. ANN is a group company of ABP which was incorporated almost 90 years ago and continues to be one of the largest Indian Media Conglomerates. ANN owns and operates a network of Hindi-based news channels that telecast live news programs on politics, lifestyle, sports and entertainment. ABP News Network’s headquarters is located in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. ABP News Network generates $64.1K in revenue per employee.
AAJ TAK NEWS
Aaj Tak is an Indian Hindi language news channel owned by Living Media Group. It is one of the oldest Hindi news channels in India. Aaj Tak has taken its leadership beyond the newsroom by winning at each and every Industry Award as the nation’s best and most preferred Hindi News Channel, with awards for editorial and journalistic brilliance.
● Aaj Tak has a viewership share of 25% among the top 5 Hindi News Channels.
● Aaj Tak becomes 1st news channel to cross 20 million subscribers on YouTube
Zee Music Company (ZMC) is an Indian music company, a subsidiary of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. It carries its business activities mainly from New Delhi. The company has captured a major chunk of market share in Bollywood Music in a short span of time. Zee Music Company(ZMC)is one of India’s foremost music publishing labels, with more than 50% incremental market share in Bollywood music released over the past 3 years. This leadership position, in such a short period, is attributable to the choice of titles, brand strength and its ability to market the music. The label has garnered 15% market share in digital music consumption on the back of a rapidly increasing music catalogue and audience reach.
In addition to the Hindi music catalogue, ZMC is also present in the regional music space with a monopolistic leadership position in Marathi music, followed by a rapidly growing market share in Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Gujarati & Bangla music.
With 12 navigational and featured languages across original features, live TV, catch up TV, lifestyle shows, children’s programmes, exclusive short series and acclaimed plays. Zee5 offers an exhaustive array of content; with 90+ live TV channels and 1.25 lac+ hours of viewing across the languages of English, Hindi, Bengali, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Bhojpuri, Gujarati & Punjabi making it a complete video destination for OTT viewers. Our exhaustive selection of Bollywood and language movies make us the preferred destination for an avid cinema connoisseur.
ZEE5 Global aims to reach 190+ countries with its wide catalogue of Indian content that will cut across global boundaries, a top company official said. The digital platform has a collection of over 2,000 films, including many Bollywood blockbusters and exclusive digital world premieres, that are a huge draw for all the fans of the Indian cinema. They also have a huge range of Originals across languages, many of which have Bollywood stars like Arjun Rampal, Sunny Leone and Dia Mirza, among others.
ALTBalaji is an Indian subscription based video on demand platform which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Balaji TelefilmsLtd. The total revenue of Balaji Telefilms Ltd is estimated to be 4.24 Billion INR, which in Indian currency is approximately 4221360000.00 INR. ALTBalaji is available across 32 different interfaces for its viewers. The content has been made available on mobile and Tablet Devices (Apple phone, Apple iPad, Android phone, Android tablet), Web browser (Desktop Browser), Android TV, and Windows (Windows PC, Windows Mobile, Windows tablet). Their website claims the platform to be the largest content bank seen in India. The stories range from drama, comedy, and romance to thriller, crime, and mystery.
The website indicates that the platform will showcase over 250 hours of original content with a new show every month, with 32 new shows lined up in the first year, featuring India’s top actors and directors. The content bank also includes 100+ hours of kids’ content as well as urban regional shows in Bengali, Hindi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Tamil & many more languages.
YAMAHA MUSIC INDIA
Established in March 2008, Yamaha Music India Pvt. Ltd. is part of the Yamaha Corporation worldwide group of companies and offers full line of Yamaha musical instruments, Pro audio and Audio Visual equipments to India market. Yamaha Music India’s operating revenues range is INR 100 cr – 500 cr for the financial year ending on 31 March, 2017. It’s EBITDA has increased by 17.98 % over the previous year. At the same time, it’s book networth has increased by 166.94 %
MUSIC TODAY – by the India Today Group
The India Today Group is India’s most respected and diversified media conglomerate. India Today, launched in 1975 by the group, is a weekly Indian English-language news magazine that started the Group’s journey into a multibrand, multi-platform and multi-vertical media group, with brands that command undisputed leadership across categories and reach out to more than 300 million viewers, readers, listeners, and subscribers. Music Today was adivision of The India Today Group. Since its inception in 1990 it emerged as the most prestigious label in classical Indian music, taking the lead in preserving and promoting India’s rich musical heritage the world over.
A Los Angeles based company developing innovative software and gear for musicians, film composers, and music producers. Their products have become music industry standards, with users such as Diplo, Coldplay, Harry Gregson-Williams, Ramin Djawadi, Kanye West, Glitch Mob and many more.